Sunday, July 11, 2010

Slacker...

Yes I am a slacker and have not updated this thing in FOREVER! I guess that is what happens when you don't have the internet. We are really enjoying Colorado Springs. The last few months we have spent lots of time exploring Colorado, spending time with family, running, hiking, and hanging out with friends. Penny is now 8 months old. She is all over the place and we can hardly keep her in one place. She can crawl, sit herself up on her own, pull herself up on any thing she can get her hands on, sit herself down from standing, go up the stairs, and walk behing her walking toy. It is fun to watch her discover all of the new things she can do. She keeps life interesting for us. Here are some pictures of what we have been doing this summer.

I made Penny and her first doll matching outfits. Very silly but it was lots of fun!
Penny is a super good eater. She likes every thing from spinach to avocado, to mangoes and plain old bananas.
Our little sun bather. This was on our trip to St. George with Steve's family. We had great time and Penny loved being in the pool.
Camping! We have been camping three times so far this summer with a couple of more trips planned. This is Penny and I asleep in the bus (Tobi). Penny decided to join us in our bed about half way through the night and then took up about half of the bed! What you see in the picture is the whole bed just imagine squeezing Steve in there as well....It was a little cramped but fun. Steve cooking? I don't know if heating up some beans counts as cooking but hey as long as I don't have to do it, it works for me.

Penny didn't sleep so well on our last camping trip but she did take a super long nap the next day. This is her sleeping in the back of the bus in her own little napping spot.

Penny and Steve like to hang out in the hammock while camping. Penny seems to be enjoying herself.


Tobi all set up for camping with his top popped.

I think Penny went for a roll in the dirt...
Tent camping! I think some one is trying to escape!

We took a train ride up to the top of Pikes Peak. It was a lot of fun and Penny enjoyed her first train ride!

This is one of the first pictures of Penny and I that I actually like!
Penny getting ready for the ride.

9 comments:

Stephanie said...

I am so happy to see pictures of you guys! Penny is so big and adorable! We sure miss you. I love all your camping pictures- it looks like a ton of fun. Tobi is pretty awesome! :) Keep the pictures coming. Love- The Meyets

Just Us said...

Wow! What a cutie she is! I am glad you guys are liking Colorado and super happy you updated your blog so I can keep up on how you are doing!!

The Higbee Family said...

Oh Jess, What a doll you have! She is so adorable. Looks like you guys are having tons of fun together. Hope life is going well and keep those pictures coming!
P.S. I LOVE the matching dresses!

Suzi said...

Oh man I miss you guys! Sounds like you're having tons of fun in Colorado! I can't believe how old our girls are already! So much fun! :)

Heather said...

Cute cute pictures! I love the one of Penny eating. We need to go camping with you!

Stephanie said...

I am glad to see that Tobi has survived all of you fun camping trips! And Penny is so adorable! JT and I were talking the other night about how we want to smooch her cheeks! What a cutie!

Cherie said...

Love the new photos. Penny is such a cutie. I miss all of you guys. I especially like the matching clothes with the doll. So cute.

David and Debby said...

jessica, she is so adorable. i was visiting shanah's blog and hoped this was you. sounds like colorado is a great place to live. i hope you get back to pocatello some time soon.

urdu mein falon ke naam said...

urdu mein falon ke naam